The Trade Union Advisory Committee (TUAC) to the Organisation for Economic Co‑operation and Development (OECD) is the interface for trade unions with the Organisation and its members. It is an international trade union with consultative status at the OECD. TUAC co-ordinates and represents the views of the labour movement throughout the Organisation, including at the annual OECD Ministerial Council Meeting and in OECD Committees and Working Groups.
TUAC has 59 affiliated trade union centres in OECD countries, representing more than 58 million workers in 2018, as well as associate members in Brazil, Indonesia, the Russian Federation and South Africa. TUAC operates through its Paris-based secretariat.
TUAC works closely with other international trade unions, including the International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC), with which it co-ordinates trade union inputs to the G20 (through the Labour 20) and G7 processes, and the European Trade Union Confederation (ETUC).
The objective of the internship is to assist the TUAC in developing policy research on any of the following topics:
- Monitor the OECD economic policy work, including on digitalisation, housing, productivity, tax policy, infrastructure and international trade;
- Follow up on the preparation and release of the OECD country Economic Surveys. The Intern will also contribute to the TUAC’s own project on a “new trade union economic narrative”;
- Support the TUAC work on a “new trade union economic narrative” with a framework paper to discuss and comment upon. One major objective of this narrative is to make full employment again the core objective of economic policy-making, as well as pleading in favour of a wage-led instead of a debt-led or export-led growth model.
The internship will include the following tasks:
- Desktop research & literature review, data analysis, drafting of policy briefs, etc.;
- Preparation, participation and/or reporting on TUAC and OECD meetings.
- Part time or full time, 1 to 3 months,
- Working time and working conditions, remuneration and benefits aligned with applicable laws in France – including the Arrêté du 29 décembre 2014 relatif aux conventions de stage dans l’enseignement supérieur (NOR: MENS1429422A) – and, where appropriate, with conditions set by the candidate’s academic institution.
- Office of the TUAC Secretariat (15 rue La Pérouse, Paris 16th); and
- Frequent meetings at the OECD Conference centre (2 rue André Pascal, Paris 16th).
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org